EarthQuaker Devices are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new product today.
The Astral Destiny is designed to take its user on an ethereal octave reverberation journey. Ideal for creative Guitar, Bass, Synth (or in fact on any other signal), the pedal is packed with 8 unearthly reverb modes, 8 user-adjustable presets, CV or expression pedal control, Trails/No Trails Switching and a very unique Stretch pitch-bending feature!
- Powerful modulated octave reverb pedal
- 2 modes of operation
- Live Mode – all controls operate manually
- Preset Mode – recalls stored settings for each control
- 8 reverb modes with 8 user editable presets:
- Abyss – Huge reverb with no octave effect
- Shimmer – Adds an upper octave to the reverb tail
- Sub – Adds a lower octave to the reverb tail
- Sub Shimmer – Adds an upper and lower octave to the reverb tail
- Astral – Adds an upper and lower octave combined with a regenerating tail
- Ascend – Upward pitch bending; best used on sustained notes and chords
- Descend – Downward pitch bending; best used on sustained notes and chords
- Cosmos – Adds a regenerating fifth to the reverb tail; best used on sustained notes and chords
- Stretch feature – doubles the reverb length while adding an adjustable pitch bending effect
- Assignable expression control
- Silent soft-touch switching with True Bypass
- Buffered bypass switching with Tails/No Tails operation
- Voltage or expression pedal control jack for any parameter
- All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU (centre -, 2,1 mm, ~100 mA current draw)
Astral Destiny features a completely analog dry signal path, totally digital delay path, buffered bypass with and two different bypass states – Tails or Full Bypass. Tails Mode, which the is the pedal’s stock setting, allows the reverb to naturally decay after the effect is bypassed, slowly letting you drift back from your ethereal dream state into the waking world. Full Bypass, on the other hand, will cut the reverb effect completely when the effect is bypassed and instantly throw you back into cold clutches of reality.
The Astral Destiny is a compact and powerful modulated octave reverb pedal that features 8 reverb modes with 8 editable presets, assignable expression control, tails for natural reverb decay when the effect is bypassed and a super cool stretch feature that doubles the length of the reverb while adding an adjustable pitch bending effect.
While the Astral Destiny offers two different modes of operation, it ships in Live Mode, where each control will operate manually, laying out your fate for you, clearly visible.
Preset Mode in contrast lets you chose from one of the 8 unearthly, ethereal factory preset reverb fates, 1 for each reverb mode, the Astral Destiny comes with. Each of these can be edited or completely overwritten just like when the ancient Fates plucked or cut the strings of ones destiny. Save settings for Length, Depth, Rate, Tone, Mix as well as EXP assignment and Stretch length and recall them instantly. Any of the Astral Destiny’s 8 reverb modes can be used as the basis for each of the 8 presets.
But beware! – There is no undo for preset saving, so make sure you are not overwriting your favorite sound, especially when you are saving presets from Live Mode! – Once the string of your fate is cut, there is no turning back on your destiny.
Freely express any aspect of your Astral Destiny – Shipping with the EXP jack mapped to the Depth control, the expression control can also be swiftly assigned to Length, Rate, Tone, or Mix, plus different EXP assignments can be saved in each preset and you can also use Control Voltage with the EXP Jack.